At Shoelace, keeping your players' information safe and private is a priority. We do not sell or share Personal Identifiable Information to third parties. Your player's full first name and the first initial of their last name are used to generate an in-game username and to be displayed on parent & educator dashboards. We do not ask for or save your player's full last name.
Your player's responses to in-game questions are collected and stored to present reports on parent & educator dashboards, to identify trends in which skills they are excelling in and where they may need more guidance. These responses to in-game questions are aggregated on third party services to log information on their in-game activities.
For players who choose to use a Single Sign On service (eg. Google sign on), the associated Google account's email address is collected and saved. This email address is not shared or sold to third parties.
Eyeread Inc. and Shoelace Learning Inc. products have been reviewed and approved for having policies and practices that are compliant with the following program guidelines.
- The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- The Family Education Rights and Protection Act (FERPA)
- The Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA)
- The Student Online Personal Information Protection Act (SOPIPA)
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996
- The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) (GDPR)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding how your player's data is used, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org