Welcome to Dreamscape!
Dreamscape is a mystical world where players collect resources and challenge their friends, all while reading passages at their reading level and building their comprehension skills. We are super excited to have you and your students join Dreamscape this year, and can't wait to help you get started.
Note: If you've previously used Dreamscape in your classroom, please check out
This article will walk you through the steps to sign in to your account, set up your class, add your students, and begin learning!
Setting Your Classroom Up With Dreamscape
Step by Step Directions
1. The first step you will have to take is to sign into your Dreamscape Educator account! We recommend that you bookmark the Dreamscape sign in page so that you are able to easily access your dashboard.
Note: If you need to create an educator account view the article: How Do I Create an Educator Account?
2. Next, you will be prompted to create a class. Please do so by entering a class name and clicking Confirm.
3. Once you have created a class it will show under My Classes.
Note: You can import your Google Classroom instead of creating a Dreamscape classroom.
Adding Students to Your Class
There are a few different ways that your students can be added to your class. First, let's look at how to create NEW Dreamscape accounts for students that have never played before. Secondly, we will look at how to add students to your class that has ALREADY created Dreamscape accounts. This may be from a previous teacher and class, or it could even be from students playing Dreamscape at home!
If you have a mix of NEW and ALREADY created Dreamscape player accounts don't worry; follow both sets of instructions but exclude your students with existing player accounts when creating new accounts.
New Player Accounts
1. Select your desired class and navigate to the Students tab in the menu on the left side of the screen
2. Click Add Students.
3. Choose whether or not your students already have Dreamscape accounts.
My Students Do Not Have Accounts Yet
Adding Students Manually
1. Create player accounts using First Name, Last Initial, and Grade level. Then click Create Accounts.
Add Students Via Spreadsheet
1. Click Paste from Spreadsheet
2. Format columns. Label columns "First Name", "Last Name", and "Grade".
3. Select cells, "Copy" and "Paste" into the box indicated.
4. Click Add Students.
My Students Already Have Accounts
1. A pop-up window will show you your class code.
2. Ask your students to sign into the game with their username and password, then go to their MENU button, select Update Class Code, and enter the new class code. They will now be attached to your class.
Note: Once this step has been performed it will not need to be repeated until the student needs to
For help using class codes, visit the What is a Class Code article.
That's it! You've successfully created your first classroom and added your students to your class. Now you can start monitoring your students' progress and even begin to assign them assignments!
To learn more about how your students will be playing Dreamscape, visit the How Do Students Play the Game video.
To learn more about the educator dashboard, visit the Understanding the Educator Dashboard video.
If you have any questions or concerns please see our FAQ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Article is closed for comments.